View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Got it and I’m sure parts and pieces add up, just hopefully not on the level of audio.

Years back, my son and I took a stab at a few entry level Helicopter flying, ended up crashing them on neighbors roofs, over the embankment, tried patching things together with tape and glue until that worked no more.

Since then he left me for video games like you said earlier, but after this post think we will give another try.
Not many hobbies get as expensive as AUDIO. Especially when one gets carried away and spends as much on a pair of speaker cablea as a new car

Helicopters have a rather steep learning curve, drones are much easier and most people flying drones are treating them as a "flying camera" not "model aviation". Different "focus", pun intended, all together.

There are truly great simulators available for training and practicing flight which are very realistic and not very expensive. It is a must IMHO. While some people manage to fly planes after extensive fly/crash/fly/crash trial and error type approach, with helicopters it would be more like crash/crash/crash/fly.../crash/crash/crash... done. The simulator pays for itself with the first crash. https://youtu.be/Eevltxm3dME

Last edited by PHC1; 04-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.