View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 PM

@Apexorca, that's the kind of answer I expect. Tnx bro.

@Steve: I can easily live with such sort of overkill, like Krell-shaped 400Wpc SS monoblock power per side. After all, this is not that too much, concerning the logarithmic nature of relation between watts and decibels, as we all know... My original intention was not to bring a number of watts, but to bring the best (available) watts.

Phantom replaced the Evo-222, while Evo-400e monos were natural upgrade (a truly great deal was offered by my Krell dealer) over previous pair of Evo-400. Differences sound wise mainly come from preamp, which is far calmer and organic, with top notch bass definition and body (with active crossover off) and great silky highs. But the major upgrade, uncomparable in any aspect with previous sound picture, came with employment of two REL Gibraltar G1 subs, of course with Phantom's active crossover on now... Frankly I am not capable enough to compare the new monoblocks versus old ones, since I changed the whole combo in a very short period of time, so can not distinguish among too many variables. I would guess that differences may be far less prominent comparing to the leap the Phantom brought in my system over "poor" Evo-222 (which was pretty decent pre altogether, but far behind the skyrocket called Krell Phantom).

My prior-Krell experience was gained around lesser amplification rigs, like Primare PRE30/Parasound Halo A-21, Rotel RC/RB-1090 combos and similar or even lesser integrades.

Last edited by Zoran; 10-17-2013 at 08:11 PM.