Thread: Bryston BCD-3
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdvidguy View Post
Like mentioned in this thread, CDs are great and you have many. Maybe some very rare ones.

Although I have less CDs then you, some are very rare. Once I started streaming I’ve have not played a CD for years.

You should be able to purchase both the BCD and BDP-3 within your budget. And setup a streaming service. Trust me, once you use something like Tidal, you will love it! Everything I ever wanted to listen to I’ve found on Tidal. Sure, some classic music may not be on it, but with this combo you have more then you’ll ever need.

I’ve done back to back with CD via my BOT 1 and Tidal, and both sound the same. Did this with many reference songs. Using Tidal and a digital streamer there is access to highly remastered music that have surpassed my CD sonics.

The resolution you get from the BDP is incredible.
Well ... who knows what the future will bring?!? But today I bought the Bryston BCD-3 (thank you, Ivan!). And it's possible that one day I'll add the BDP-3, or its successor. My discs are mostly classical, and mostly piano at that, with many rarities, and I do get pleasure from handling the physical product. I'm hoping that the new Bryston player will give me many years of enjoyment, like the Meridian has. Report to follow sometime in the new year, after I've had a chance to thoroughly listen to the BCD-3.