View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
... Technician suspected there was a short inside the display unit. IC has been replaced. But the diagonal lines Still show.
It looks like your tech relied on guesswork rather than actually identifying the problem. One of the hazards of that approach is that even if you guess the failed part correctly, you haven't ruled out that a problem elsewhere in the device triggered the component failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Any idea how expensive it will cost me to replace the display ? And where to get one besides my local distributor which they will double the price of that part.
I think the suggestion to contact Audio Classics was a good one. There are also other factory-authorized Mac shops that I'm sure could help you. That should be your focus, imo, rather than fixating on the price of parts.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.