View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by substance View Post
MX160/170 is based on MP50/60. MX123 is a Marantz AV 8805 clone. I would do MX170.
Thank you. I ended up with a MX160 and MC207 + MC452. I'm still in the process of setting it up. Even without running Room Perfect, it sounds great. I'll likely get a MX170 one day, but I didn't want to pay a premium for it now when it can't do HDMI 2.1.

I'm using an HDFury Diva for video switching between my two inputs. For movies and streaming, I'm using a 2021 Apple TV 4K. For cable/DVR, I have a Tivo Bolt. The Diva auto senses the input and switches it pretty perfectly. It also separates the audio, which I route to the MX160. It all works pretty seamlessly.

I had some issues with lip sync, but after some tweaking, I think I did manage to tame it using the MX160.

I also considered using the Sony A80J to switch video inputs and use the Diva to split the eARC audio and route to the MX160, but that would take some rewiring and testing. The main benefit of this approach would be to use the native Google TV interface and apps. It might simplify things a little (remote wise), but I think we all prefer and are used to the Apple TV interface.
McIntosh MX160 | McIntosh MC452 | McIntosh MC207 | Sonus faber Guarneri Memento (Graphite), Palladio PW 562 (2), Palladio PC 562 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2) | Wireworld Silver Eclipse 6 ICs & SCs, Oasis 8 SC, Silver Electra 5² PCs, Equinox 6,