View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 11:19 PM
Retired

Yes. I would ask Dennis Had if I thought he would reply. Stock values will be fine.
Someday I'll likely roll in a set of the Mundorf MCap Supreme SG in place of the KimberKaps. I might go with big Clarity caps, but I'm not sure I'm willing to wait the inordinate time it takes the Clarity caps to break-in. That's a lot of hours on output tubes for not much gain, if any, over the Mundorfs, which take about 1/5 the time, or less.

Edit 1:
After reading a number of reviews on caps have ordered a quad of Audyn 0.22uf True Copper Max caps to roll into my Cary amp to replace the KimberKaps. More later. Same 2% tolerance as the Mundorf for half the cost and, hopefully, similar to Mundorf (and not Clarity) in break-in time.

Edit 2:
Immediate improvement in clarity & detail with the new caps. More authority in bass. Looking forward to even better. For whatever reason, the Cary amp & Canton speakers are a love-fest (to my ears).
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 05-19-2020 at 08:41 AM.