View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
A couple of years ago I bought my 28 year old son a Pro-Ject table and he's been collecting Tool and similar hard core rock on vinyl, but this year he surprised me by asking for Dave Brubeck's "Time Out" on vinyl for Christmas.
Im not surprised by this, even here in old New Zealand my daughters friends (17 to 18yrs old) are now getting into Jazz - it seems Dave Brubeck is the starting point, then they discover Miles, Coltrane, Lee, Pepper - in that order.

Its amazing, last year my Daughter said I was listening to 'old mans music' on an 'old mans format', now, its 'cool' to listen to old mans music on vinyl.

Johnny Cash is also 'cool'. I betting that the Blues will be the next genre to be 'cool' as well. Gary Clark jr seems to be the start point with the Blues- then suddenly Muddy Waters, BB King & Robert Cray are 'discovered'. I think it fantastic.

BTW when her friends visit & have a listen to my system, its not the McIntosh gear they oh & ahh over- its my refurbed Oracle Delphi that they love!