View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 PM

One of my brothers has always criticized me for still listening to vinyl for years, asking why I keep messing around with old, outdated technology when digital is so much better. Every time he's over and I'm listening to an album, he'll say "Yeah, it sounds decent, but not as good as digital".

Shortly after getting and installing the Lounge Audio phono preamp, he was over again and I played 4 or 5 different albums while we were making dinner. There were a couple brand new albums and a couple of old, well known albums played. This time around, he kept saying that he couldn't believe how much of an improvement that phono preamp was making.

A few days later, he tells me he has a Lounge Audio phono preamp arriving in the mail. Now keep in mind, this is coming from a guy who constantly criticized me about listening to vinyl for years, who last spun vinyl of his own back in 1989, and has not owned a turntable since then...

He went and purchased the same exact Lounge Audio phono preamp I have, directly from Lounge's site after hearing mine! I tell him "That's nice. What are you going to do with it, just sit there and look at it?"... LOL He tells me he has a brand new Crosley C10 turntable (re-branded Pro-Ject Debut III) showing up the following day.

Just the other day, he received the Pro-Ject Speed Box S. Since he's borrowing about a dozen of my albums, I'm not even sure he's bought any of his own yet.

I think it's crazy how just over night, my brother has drastically changed his tune on vinyl and "old, outdated technology"... Haha

And here it is... Also has the same record clamp as me.