View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
"What this country needs is a really good five-watt amplifier."
Buffalo Bill, Thank you so much. Think about this: 18" x 21.625" x 11.825" (W x D x H) = 500 continuous watts and 900 dynamic watts. My friend says (and believe me he knows) with a 2301 you get 300 watts continuous in a slightly larger space (slightly larger dimensions) but no more. And that's with a fan! The 3500 has no fan! It is extremely compact coming in at net 121 lbs. He says the old 3500 would do 550 watts! He's not sure if the new one will be as powerful as the old one.

If the amp had been any larger or must require a fan, no way I would have bought one. My available space on either end of my 1.25's is quite limited and I had to make careful measurements. I'm not going to stuff the amps into too small a space and too close to the XVX. I'm not prepared to do a complete rearrangement, no way. I must be able to get to the rear of my system safely and I don't want the amps sticking way out in my floor. But because of their amazing compactness my speaker cables and IC's which total about 68K (WEL Signatures, 3 meters and 24' balanced respectively) will easily reach.

The new 3500 is about as close to Tony Stark's Arc Reactor as it gets in real life. For its size it is incredibly powerful.

p.s. the old 3500 needed a fan to obtain its massive power output of 550 watts.

Last edited by Charles; 11-13-2021 at 01:08 PM.