View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest4life View Post
Congratulations on your new inbound amps. I am interested to hear feedback about how dynamic these new amps are compared to MC2301s. I really love the organic sound of the MC2301s and with my highly efficient speakers, I rarely go past the 30 watt mark…well,sometimes, ahem some loud jam sessions between 30-300 watts, LOL.

Based on what you heard about how powerful these new amps are and the fact that they might obviate the need to swap tubes makes a case for tube amps for life. That’s what I thought with the MC2301s. Then McIntosh had to come along and develop the MC901, and now the 3500s.

How long will it take for delivery?

Ciao,
Audioquest4life
Ciao, I don't know about delivery. That's why I got my order in without too much thinking. Also, I think the price could go up. My dealer is very active regarding Mac so I would hope a month. Thank you for the congrats very much. The 2301's are great amps but I don't think they might handle my XVX. My 1.25's look massive until I look at the XVX, then they don't look so massive after all. But they can drive them superbly. They are amazing amps.

Best,

Charles