View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 01:05 PM

Default Both Fathom V1 JLs blown...Now what? part 2

A little strange I have to repost this ...but let's move on as I thought the information might be useful. First an apology for all who were damaged by my offending avatar

So recently I had both of my Fathom F112 V1s blow within a week of each other. With both incidents they just stopped working and emitted that horrifying electronic smoke we all fear. I took them into a great local shop and they told me they both need new amps and drivers. I had wrote them off as the world's largest paper weights but got the quote to replace both amps, drivers and new firmware for $1400 including the roundtrip shipping.

Now I'm just deciding if it's worth putting another $1400 into them and risking the similar incident in the future or write them off and start new with a V2 or another name entirely. The shop recommended I try the S series REL subs if I don't do the repair. I actually started this thread in the first place for some recommendations / advice on brands at similar price levels that people have had great experiences with but ended up being chastised for my 3 year old Avatar and then having the post and avatar deleted. Hopefully this time around is a little more productive.

C2500 | MC452 | MT10 | B&W 802 D2 | (2) Sub JL Fathom F112 | Mac Pro