View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 06:25 PM

Default F113 Connection to MX122 & C2700

Hi all....questions and advice please on my F113 connection.

In my old house/theater, I had the F113 connected to my MX122 by a single XLR cable (SW1 XLR Output). It was used in both movies and music, so all was good. Prior to the MX122 I had the F113 connected via RCA, as my old processor did not have XLR ports (I will get to this later).

I am finally in process of setting up my theater in the new house and was going to hook everything up the same, using the XLR cable, so again, all was good. Last week I ended up ordering a C2700 to use for stereo only and will use the pass through mode on movies. I then realized that when the C2700 will be in use for stereo only, I would not have signal to the F113, so this brings my questions and advice:

I ran both the single XLR cable and the RCA cable from the front of the room to the back where the F113 will be.

My first question is if I connect the XLR cable from one of the XLR outputs on the C2700, will this be OK to send a full range signal to the F113 (I don't have an external crossover)?

Second question is I do have an XLR splitter and could get both L and R signals from the C2700 through the single cable to the F113....should I do this, or just use the single cable?

Third question is being that I have the RCA cable also ran, would it be best to use that to send signal to the F113 from the MX122 for movies instead of using the XLR for the C2700?

It is kind of too late to run another cable (XLR or RCA), so I am kind of freaking out as it is something I didn't take into consideration until now! I appreciate the feedback, or any other suggestions on how to get this going.

-Ryan