View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crion2 View Post

May I suggest using a RJ45->SFP device @your router downstairs? Then pull up an LC ODM4 fiber upstairs. It's much easier and lighter to pull through than cat7 cable.

Then use an Alpha/Sigma/Omega to your ATV4K depending on if it's a primary critical source or not. Do not worry about the plastic connector discussion with Shunyata ethernet cables. Go for the best in your application.

https://www.sonore.us/opticalModule-Deluxe.html

Finisar SFP and cable is available on the site as well.
crion2, thanks for input and the link. Since I already have a Cat6 cable run to my theater room upstairs, would it be okay to add the OpticalModule upstairs? I could run a short length SFP from the OpticalModule to the EtherRegen, and use my HDPlex 300 to power the dc to the Optical Module? Then I would be able to use a Sigma Ethernet on the Apple TV+ On the a side, and I am already using a Omega ethernet on the b side to my Roon Nucleus+.

This cable configuration would be a better choice for me at this time, as I really don’t have the ability to rerun any cables from one side of the house to the other. As always Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.