View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 09:18 AM

Good morning,

My apologies for the delay in replying; I am not on this forum daily and I've been dealing with a medical issue that has required many doctor/surgeon's visits and has also necessitated various tests, plus trying to deal with my "day job" as I don't work in audio for Legacy or any other firm.

I am not sure what you are seeing is either wrong or an outright problem as I'm not sure the testing method is valid. Ping channels out of Wavelet for example is always softer than the overall playback level of the system. I realize you did not mention that and are instead focused on using (hopefully "correlated") pink noise.

You mention measuring from the seating position; have you tried from 3 ft or 4 ft out from the speaker on the direct line to the listening position? This would be the most instructive test, I think
as room sweeps are taken for submission via Wavelet to Bohmer's computational setup at the 4-foot distance.

My only means of measuring here to compare would be through an Android phone app, and such apps on Android and iPhone are known to be inaccurate. I would be playing correlated pink noise from a test disc (Chesky or Isotek or Legacy Audio Sampler, Volume II has an excellent correlated pink noise test track) through my DACs to my preamp into Wavelet's analog inputs.

My best recommendation is that as you think you may have a Wavelet in need of diagnosis that you reach out directly to service@legacyaudio.com. Ed and the rest of the guys will do their best to help you and I'm sure Bill would either confirm you are doing all the tests they need to diagnose, or make alternate recommendations for things they want you to check....

FYI, I did also accept the friend-request though you should send me messages using the private Inbox/internal mail feature here as it seems that when I responded to you on the
profile visitor page messages you left for me that the message I sent you disappeared.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 04-25-2023 at 10:22 AM.