View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
“Seriously” back at you Serge. It’s easier to believe aliens were responsible than to think the Incas might have been smarter than we know? As for the elongated skulls, I think the prevailing scientific view is still that it was due to binding. The fact that the cavity was bigger as a result doesn’t necessarily mean the brain was bigger. Of course, maybe it actually did promote brain growth[emoji6].

With all due respect, I think as humans we have a need to know the answers to all mysteries, and when those answers are unknowable because they’re lost in the past, shrouded in the future, or beyond our understanding in the present, we fill in the gaps in our knowledge with our imagination. Then we chose and interpret the available facts to confirm our desired answer.

I don’t disbelieve in the possibility of the existence of alien life, just the interpretation (and it’s interpretation, not scientific knowledge) that it’s been here and shaped our history. On that note, best I bow out of this conversation.
Tony, the one thing that remains clear about our past is that we know very little...

The elongated skulls of Paracas in Peru caused a stir in 2014 when a geneticist that carried out preliminary DNA testing reported that they have mitochondrial DNA “with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far”. Now a second round of DNA testing has been completed and the results are just as controversial – the skulls tested, which date back as far as 2,000 years, were shown to have European and Middle Eastern Origin. These surprising results change the known history about how the Americas were populated.