View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Paul,

Congrats on the purchase of your new Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9 inch arm and Da Vinci Cart.

It will be an absolute delight.

I also have a Clearaudio table and I have a few suggestions.

There are four things that I did that significantly improved my analog experience that you may want to consider.

1. I put it on top of an HRS SXR signature rack with an M3X shelf. Really helped isolate the table from the rest of the room. This is strongly recommended, but depending on your room, may not be mandatory.
2. Clearaudio peripheral ring clamp, a must IMO.
3. Stillpoints LPI, also a must IMO.
4. Audiodesk Pro Ultrasonic RCM, an absolute must. I think the KL Audio cleaner would work well too, but the Audiodesk was more what I was looking for. I have a VPI 16.5, and although it does a great job, it doesn't get deep into the groove and clean like the Audiodesk (or KL Audio for that matter). My records sound so much better after they go through the Audiodesk.

Once you hit these 4 points (assuming you already have a phono stage), you are set for life. The table you just purchased will outlive you. My table is by far my favorite piece in my system.

Enjoy!
I am a new Clearaudio Innovation Compact Wood/U9 owner now running a Koetsu RSP, have the ring clamp on order. I use a scuttle 3 which is a great isolation device. I am using the HRS Heavy record clamp and have been thrilled with the performance, better than the vpi with ring clamp. Will the stillpoints weight make a big difference on a clearaudio table, have you tried the HRS? I also want to second the fact the an Audiodesk is a must. Ridiculously expensive, but takes the OCD out of record collecting and playing. Changed the way I heard vinyl forever, like my Vpi Aries, and now my Innovation CW. Amazing deck and arm.