View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 04:34 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfnc View Post
Bart, does the Origin sound like what an active version of MBL might have sounded?

While the Origin is an omni vs the direct radiator Grimm LS1be / dmf sub, how would you compare the sound from both, since both have been demonstrated at The Hague?

Thanks.

I've heard all the lines of MBL.
They are really omnidirectional.
Their Reference line is quite an experience.
But they all sound good.

Grimm is indeed quite direct, but still has a large sweet spot.
Cheapest solution of the three.
Consider them full range (LS1be).

Veddan is somewhere in between.
More directional than MBL.
They are sensitive to room placement, even with their DSP.
In Den Haag, we found them a bit boomy, and that disappeared after moving them in the room.
Very transparent.

I have to admit, I heard the Veddans with a Grimm MU1 and a Mola Mola DAC. Ben from Listening Matters says these speakers are so good they can bear top source and DAC.
That adds to the bill of course, but you can start from the speakers only and build your way up.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 12-11-2021 at 03:11 PM.