Thread: Homemade stand
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 05:46 AM

Default Homemade stand

I built this from some commercially available components; custom sized hard rock maple countertops, and hard rock maple turning blanks (the stock used in lathes to turn stairway spindles etc).

Two rabbet cuts per leg, a bunch of permanent wood glue, some cargo straps to cinch it all together while it dried, some felt wood floor protectors on the bottoms of the legs and voila.

After I designed this, I sent off the drawing off to a couple places for quotes and was well northward of $6k. Shipping alone was gonna be a few hundred bucks.

The countertops are from an Amish firm in OH, and the turning blanks are from Amazon. All told, my cost was around $1,500. When I originally drew this up, I was using Krell Evo 600s for amps, that’s why the opening of the bottom shelf is so large. If I had it to do over again, the middle shelf would be a bit lower. But I ain’t doing it over, and all the components in the rack are gonna stay where they are...

Last photo is of the custom sized countertops I also had made to serve as amp stands for the M300s.

The stand is absolutely level, and rock solid.

Slainte,

Mitch