View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 04:20 PM

Thanks for the input.

When you say, “popping the top and readjusted the offending volume control,” do you mean rotating the volume dial above “max” like I related to in my above post or something else which Ayre had you do?

Timely delivery of a new unit is what I’m afraid of too. When I auditioned the demo unit, I didn’t pick up on the problem until after I purchased it. My dealer didn’t notice the imbalance either, and in fact, brought the unit over to my house and personally set it up for me and we listened to it together that evening.

I had a choice of either waiting for a new unit to ship from Ayre or purchase the demo. I chose the latter as it was essentially a new unit except that it was already broken in at the dealer which not only eliminated waiting for a new one to be made, but also not having to deal with the long break-in period.

Yes, something appears to very wrong with my unit. I think that I will call Ayre myself on Monday to discuss what might be wrong with it. Although repairing the unit which I have is an option, if I choose it to have replaced with a new one, I would sure hate to have to wait for a long time like you did for your upgrade.