View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 12:08 PM

After using the remote to try to “recalibrate”the volume levels, my dealer asked me to use the volume nob on the front of my KX-R rather than the remote to ramp the volume from minimum to maximum several times. When I did this and kept turning the nob after I reached both max and 0, I would hear a “click” after reaching 0, but not after I reached “max.” The clicking sound was from the KX-R itself; not the speakers. Yes, the volume level is at least 6dB or more and which seems to depend on the frequency. At lower frequencies, it’s more like 10dB. After trying all the things that my dealer suggested to attempt to recalibrate the volume levels, he believes that the unit has to go back to Ayre for repair. At this point I would like a new KR-R to replace this one, but as I mentioned above, my dealer told me that Ayre is waiting for part(s) to assemble a new unit and also waiting for an ETA for Delivery which is unknown yet. This is most frustrating since I paid full list price, minus trade-ins.

Did you end up getting a new KX-R from Ayre?