View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
I have heard that Arnie Nudell, one of Infinity's founders, has died. He was surely one of the visionaries of high-end audio. RIP.
I am so sad to hear this news. I have owned Infinity Speakers since the Qb, the RS-B and now I still own the entire Infinity Composition Preludes P-FR along with its matching center and surround speakers. I guess I am biased toward Infinity Speakers because I sold them in the '70s working at an audio store that at one point carried the entire line. The Emit tweeter had just been invented. I worked at Vicker's Audio in Durham, NC, and on down times, I remember reading in the trade magazines about Arnie Nudell starting the company out of his garage with photos and all. To me and all the other salesmen, Arnie was a legend even then. I always felt that Infinity Speakers were always the best in their class giving an audiophile sound for a very reasonable price with cutting edge designs that look good even in 2017. Vickers had all the colorful paraphernalia including colorful pamphlets, spec sheet; things you don't find in modern times. I have alway felt Harmon Kardon purchased Infinity to trash the line because they wanted to sell Revels for astronomical amount; a sound that Infinity had for a reasonable price. When I listen to the B&W and the Revels and consider their cost, I say thank you Arnie Nudell. RIP.