View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM

I am the owner of a Plinius CD101 and a 9200 integrated amp. I am very satisfied with the sound of both products, but not so with the service offered by Plinius. My CD101 is only three years old, and the optical element already overheated so I now have to change the transport mechanism. My local dealer told me there now is an upgrade to a "real" CD transport available, instead of the standard cd rom transport, but this is a 800€ deal I was told (yes, Euro, I live in Spain). I think that is an awful lot of money to pay for something such an expensive product should have been born with. I have not been able to get any confirmation from Plinius whether this is an "original" upgrade offered by them (I have never received any reply from Plinius for any request / question I have ever sent them), and nobody have been able to tell me whether I will be able to hear any audible difference (does anybody have any experience with this?)
I handed over the CD101 to the dealer 5 weeks ago, and he sent it to Plinius technical service here in Spain. All I asked for was to change the transport for another similar cd rom transport, and the last I heard was that they had to order a part from the US. Before I get it back we wil be talking about a lead time of at least 2 months, to exchange one cd rom with another... How can they affort not to take better care of their clients?