View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 08:05 AM

I want to share my recent experience with Cary Audio. I ordered DMS-550 when I was on sale. I received a delivery notification fromFedEx and had to stay to sign for it. Oddly there was no option to have it delivered to a FedEx drop off location. Then I realized the delivery was in a wrong city. Reaching an actual person at FedEx is a real pain but finally got a confirmation from FedEx customer support that it was indeed in a wrong city. In 30 years of mail/online ordering, I have never had an order shipped to a wrong city! Cary audio is closed from Thur-Sun and if there is any problem, there is no way of reaching them. I have experienced customer service with Auralic, PS audio and Wyred and they do respond even during weekends. Anyway, I as a receiver cannot redirect the package and I had to wait until Cary is open. But the package is stuck at FedEx although I get daily updates from FedEx. I asked Cary to recall the package them sent to the wrong city and send me another, but they refused. After 3-4 days, I contacted the Cary to cancel my order and cary sent me an email that I should refuse the package when it is delivered. So if the FedEx leaves the package while I am not home, it is up to me to return it? With pandemics, FedEx and ups do not always request direct signature. Cary audio doesn’t have the courtesy to call FedEx to have it returned to them. So it was up to me to call FedEx and redirect the package back to Cary at North Carolina. Meanwhile I am still waiting fro Cary to refund me and of course I called the credit card company to dispute the charge. Cary has been in the business for 40 or 50 years but it has not learned the art of customer service. If they want to direct e-commerce with customers, they should learn a thing or tow from Ps audio or Wyred. I thought I will buy a American made product but I am now back to my search for a streamer-dac and maybe I will get Lumin T2 from Hong Kong.