View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 01:13 AM

WOW! I followed this thread and I have kept quiet.... But Bryston has developed a wonderful product on the hardware side. But no one Company can hit ALL home runs. I have one gripe with their software solution, but it's a gripe not a hill to die on. Now onto the users of the BDP-3 hardware. ROON only users this alternative solution isn't for you!!!

When you bought the BDP-3 you took a MAJOR step away from the PC/laptop and its faults this was GOOD. I'm sure you already have iPad or a Android tablet on hand. We'll start there first.... The overall feeling that Bryston interface is lacking. Which is okay... Again not a hill to die on! We can fix that! First go search and read about iPeng for IOS or Orange squeeze for Android . You'll find that both product addresses ALL the lacking functionality that is missing from Moose/Rigelian. I'm not a IOS fan but, I prefer and use iPeng on my iPad mini. Second...... This will send the village into rage mode but.... If your using a music storage device whether it's linux or windows its the same solution. Switch to Logictech Squeeze Server its a music render and database, the BDP-3 has built-in squeeze lite support! Using iPeng and Squeeze together all these thread interface issues simply go away! As you spend more time with this new setup many of the paid ROON features are free on this eco system. Now for my gripe with Bryston software team..... If you're going to take position about MQA which is your right! Then please remove the restriction that won't allow a user to shareplay and squeezelite simultaneously. This way I can switch between Tidal and my server via the iPad. This takes your Company out of the equation of designing a music app. The app would be for basic functions and maintenance only. Then the Bryston BDP-3 would be a homerun.... after instant replay review.

We are Audioaficionado!! Not some mindless sheep that follow the wolves to dinner! We make our own options dam int! I'll gladly help anyone that wants to setup an alternative solution that actually WORKS! I've using Squeeze over 15 yrs and it has been rock solid and stable.

Ken,
Sonus Faber Cremona, (2) JL Audio F110 subs, Squeeze Server v7.9 Windows 2012 Server 25TB, Audio Metallurgy GA-0 XLR & RCA, Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cable, PS Audio Power Plant Premier (2), WireWorld Silver Power Cables, Tascam DA3000