View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
My guess is that the V16 will easily beat any competition at close to, or even slightly above, its price. I’m also guessing that the Denali will still be a significant step up though.
Yeah, for PDs with ≥10 outlets, it's going to be better than pretty much everything until you get up to the level of the Alpha A12 (I'm not including the Delta D6 here is that is a different class of product, primarily for use with digital devices). And, yes, the Denali V2 is a big step up. The extra ~26 DB of of noise-reduction and the QR/BB device in that really sets it apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
Interesting that the new Venom PS10 has a captive power cord. I’d bet that allows them to improve DTCD. It’s a good move, I think.
The fact it has a captive noise-reducing power cord is a key attribute to its performance. So, agreed it's a good design move.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-13-2022 at 07:04 PM.