View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 05:15 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtan View Post
I am new to this forum....... just wonder did anyone compare the Venom Series V16 to the Venom MPC-12A? Referring to the technology description, both share the similar features and the specification are similar. The MPC-12A outlet seems to be higher in quality comparing to those using in Venom V16, frankly, I prefer the Top Access config, so that can put the distributor behind my audio racks.
Hi Foxtan,

Welcome to AA!

Regarding the MPC-12A, AFAIK, this product is discontinued, and no longer in production. The new Venom V16 PD has newer and improved noise reduction technology. Also, the outlets in V16 are completely new, and grip the power cord plugs considerably more tightly than the older-design outlets for a better connection to the PC's plug. And, it has four more outlets.

And...it also has the proprietary Shunyata GP-NR (ground-plane noise reduction) technology, which the MPC-12A does not.

If you prefer a top-access, you can buy a Rack Mount version, and place it face-down so the outlets are oriented vertically. The front panel of the rack mount version is a perfectly flat peice of aluminum.

Job done.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-13-2022 at 06:44 PM.