View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custodian View Post
What a dilemma!

I’ve been a train nut since I was 4 years old and my uncle gave me a ride on the footplate of a steam Switcher. Initially I was terrified but quickly turned to enjoyment. Best part was him cooking bacon and eggs on the coal shovel in the firebox. What a wonderful meal.

Here I am 71 years later with trains everywhere. Around 140 locos running in the attics and live steam running round the garden. High end audio started for me around 12 years later and I would hate to give up either hobby.

How on Earth my wife will cope after ive gone I just don’t know. I’ve tried to document my train collection to make disposal easier but it won’t be easy.
True but surely there must be someone knowledgeable and able to help as a trustee of the collection in that event that could be arranged in advance?

Selling off those Tenshodo Brass HO was a temporary heartbreak but along with some work income it allowed me to experience upper end Esoteric digital and Edge NL amps and other things so it is legacy but the results of which I enjoyed for many years. A fair trade of passions when all is said and done.

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 05-29-2020 at 05:24 AM.