View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Mark, I remember years ago when I was in med school. My father had moved and the new house had a very large great room, perfect for his beautiful Concert Grands. Of course they blew away my puny by comparison system with my Mac 275 amp. I was surprised to hear his "sound enhancement" by some rear speakers. At first i really liked it but they after a day of listening I went back to the original stereo sound.

Many folks apply digital room correction to their systems. Look at the recent TAS issue 313 Feb 2021 p.56 where Dirac Live is incorporated. It got an excellent review. However, I'm quite certain that I would not like the artifacts introduced, and would eventually return to the "stereo sound".

There are many passive ways to tame a room. This is my preference. The one exception is your system, which is a ground up comprehensive approach, where the sound can be incrementally improved. It's an extremely valid approach. I'm glad someone on AA employs it. I think TAS should contract with you, using your system as a reference, to review digital room correcting gear that is introduced into an existing system, to determine its effectiveness.

You have a true reference system when it comes to this approach. A lot of this type gear is on the market and TAS needs a reference system and skilled reviewer who understands digital room correction by which to review them. Substituting the device into your system would be lots of fun.

Best

Charles

p.s thank you much for the invitation. Someday if we are still alive I will take you up on it.
Charles, to your last comment about being alive or not,...

Only the good die young so we are safe [emoji2]

Thank you again for the compliments!