View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Mark, really enjoyed the video. I have said in the past that of all the systems on AA, yours is the one I would like to hear the most. Your system represents a comprehensive approach to removing the room from the equation, so that no room treatments are needed. It is a valid approach to the high end and one that I respect. As Legacy's research continues I am sure they offer software updates and then eventually speaker updates. It's a comprehensive approach where the whole system works together synergistically to create the illusion of the real thing.

I believe in sound signatures. While I respect and admire the audiophile that has amassed gear of many different brands to achieve the desired result, this path is not my choice. I go with Mac/Wilson/AQ and would never, for example, replace an AQ power cord with a Shunyata cord of similar quality, or introduce foreign gear into my Mac gear to determine if I like it better. Maybe I like it better today but not the next, etc.

Your approach therefore makes more sense to me than anything I have seen on AA. Your sound signature is Legacy, period, as I understand your system, of course with ancillary gear Legacy does not provide. I think you understand your system better than most. IMO it takes months of listening to many different CD's, SACD's, USB, etc. to determine if the gear in question is sonically superior. If you have the time and money, the high end is the endless ultimate hobby.

Best

Charles
Charles, thank you very much for the positive comments and wishes. You are welcome as I've previously mentioned any time.

Legacy and Bohmer do provide software updates periodically for Wavelet syscon software as well as Bohmer processing algorithms. All downloadable from Legacy/Bohmer thru Wavelet software web interface using Android, iPhone, iPad or laptop. Download, reboot and go,...could not be any easier.

There will also eventually be a hardware platform upgrade for Wavelet,...it's 24/96 Apodizing DAC, digital input capabilities and 56-bit DSP and Room Correction bit depth and algos are potential to be upgraded at some point.