View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Thank you and yes, it's the Mariinsky Theater orchestra.

"The Mariinsky Theatre can trace its history as far back as 1783, when a*Decree on the*establishment of a*theatre committee “for performances and music” was published on 12*July and the*BOlSHOI Stone Theatre was opened on Carousel Square amid great pomp on 5*October. The*theatre gave the*square its new name*– even today it is known as Theatre Square.
Built according to plans by Antonio Rinaldi, the*Bolshoi Theatre staggered the*public with the*sheer scale of its dimensions, its majestic architecture and its stage, equipped with the*most up-to-date theatre equipment and machinery. Giovanni Paisiello’s opera*Il*mondo della luna*was performed at the*opening. The*Russian Opera Company performed here in turn with the*Italian and French Companies, and there were also plays and concerts of vocal and instrumental music."
Mark, really enjoyed the video. I have said in the past that of all the systems on AA, yours is the one I would like to hear the most. Your system represents a comprehensive approach to removing the room from the equation, so that no room treatments are needed. It is a valid approach to the high end and one that I respect. As Legacy's research continues I am sure they offer software updates and then eventually speaker updates. It's a comprehensive approach where the whole system works together synergistically to create the illusion of the real thing.

I believe in sound signatures. While I respect and admire the audiophile that has amassed gear of many different brands to achieve the desired result, this path is not my choice. I go with Mac/Wilson/AQ and would never, for example, replace an AQ power cord with a Shunyata cord of similar quality, or introduce foreign gear into my Mac gear to determine if I like it better. Maybe I like it better today but not the next, etc.

Your approach therefore makes more sense to me than anything I have seen on AA. Your sound signature is Legacy, period, as I understand your system, of course with ancillary gear Legacy does not provide. I think you understand your system better than most. IMO it takes months of listening to many different CD's, SACD's, USB, etc. to determine if the gear in question is sonically superior. If you have the time and money, the high end is the endless ultimate hobby.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 01-25-2021 at 02:37 PM.