View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander View Post
Dear all

Sincerest thanks for the previous advice on how to configure a home theatre setup including Aida IIs. I have moved to temporary accommodation while the builder extends my house - and am locking down final plans for the new setup - and have another question for you all: thoughts on options to power the Aida IIs.

Current plan is to go with a Burmester 911 mkIII (just one to start - and perhaps two to bi-amp some time in the future), but I am intrigued by the option of going with a McIntosh MC1.25kw pair - any experience with either of these combinations and thoughts on pros/cons?

Thanks in anticipation!
I heard a pair of Aida II with two of the MC1.25KW at an open house hosted by Definitive Stereo in Seattle. It sounded quite nice. Those big meters hardly moved even at quite high sound levels.

However, I really, really like my Aidas motivated by my D'Agostino Momentum S250 amp. If I were going to upgrade it would be to a pair of Dan's Momentum M400 monoblocks.

I am absolutely certain Ivan's Burmester set-up is the ne plus ultra of Aida setups and I hope one day post-Covid to have a chance to hear them in person.

Now, I sometimes wonder what Aidas driven by D'Agostino Relentless monos would be like, but I've only ever heard the big D'Agostinos driving large Wilson speakers.

I think anything you mentioned would be great, but based on my experience I'd suggest the Burmester or D'Agostino.

What a problem to have, eh?

Best regards,

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!

Last edited by zettelsm; 12-20-2020 at 11:43 PM.