View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 09:41 PM
Semi-audiophile

Ok, just ordered two Shunyata Venom V10 NR cords from Ivan for my two Furman units, the SPR-20i voltage regulator and IT-Reference 15i line conditioner, which is chained to the SPR. The IT-Ref is 15A, but I got a V10 for it because the V10 filters more noise than the v12 does, as I understand it. That the V10 carries more current is less of an issue in my mind because the IT-Ref has 4A continuous current and 55A instantaneous; my MC501s are plugged into the IT-Ref's high-current plugs and loaf all the time anyway.

This doesn't mean I'm down on my Transparent Premiums. They've improved the system, notably with increased detail, and I have no complaints about what I hear now. The V10s replace Venom HCs and are "insurance," if you like—they'll clean up the power before it even gets to the SPR and the rest of the gear.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks