View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 06:33 AM
Semi-audiophile

It's been a while, but I was wondering if any C2300 users are using an outboard phono preamp? And if so which one and why? The onboard phono sections on Mac gear are quite good, but I'm not that pleased with the way I have to connect the ground to the C2300's terminal. The posts are huge and the smallish spades on my Van den Hul tonearm cable don't even fit around them. This wasn't an issue with my old, departed Aragon 47k; its ground terminal was a perfect fit (the tonearm itself is a SME 309).

The outboard phono is a flash-in-the-pan idea perhaps, but over time I've lost interest in vinyl spinning despite a new TT purchase last year; I haven't played an LP since April, and before that since July of 2020. Maybe a new phono preamp would revitalize me some?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks