View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 03:18 PM
Semi-audiophile

I'm thinking about one last (I hope) change to the system. There are several possibilities, but only one, if any, would get done. I got it into my head to explore Transparent speaker cable (PLUS), but am questioning that after playing my Hans Zimmer BD recently. I have an audition scheduled for Tuesday afternoon, but maybe the attention is now shifted to the Shunyata Venom HCs on my Furman SPR-20i and IT-Reference 15i; the Reference is chained to the SPR.

The addition of Transparent Premium PCs on my sources improved detail, as I discovered on the Hans Zimmer BD, and left me wondering if there's more improvement to be had. Line noise isn't an audible issue, but could it be an improvement to put a Venom V10 NR on the SPR, since it goes to the wall, or should I put one on both conditioners? Decisions, decisions.

As for Tuesday, maybe I should take some ICs and a Premium PC along with my Kimber 12TC speaker cable for alternative comparisons.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks