View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
From trusted friends that have heard them, they are amazing stand-mounts.

Darko has an informative review on them.

As for ASR, who cares what they say? They'd have folks believe that the "measurements*" they do are all that matters. It's bullsh*t. They are as bad as Julian Hirsch of Hirsch-Houck Labs was back in the day.

As Nelson Pass has stated: "The ear is not a microphone and the brain is not a tape recorder." And Nelson knows a thing or two about this.

*–Oh, and with respect to their "measurements" have you ever seen them publish a statistically valid MSA? Nope. They wouldn't know an MSA if it smacked them in the face. As someone who spent their entire career working as a scientist, in my professional opinion, Audio "Science" Review is as bad for science as Lamarck.
Stephen, I basically agree with you. However, I have always desired gear that I own to sound good and measure good as well. The two are not mutually exclusive, you know. I don't know about Tune Tots but Wilson's invariably measure extremely well and have excellent sonics. For example, a tube amp that purports to produce 450 watts/ch but will in fact only produce 180 watts when measured does not serve the high end community well. Obviously, if the lab is incompetent with their measurements, their measurements mean nothing. I suspect that Wilson very carefully measures all their speakers. In addition, have you seen Nelson Pass's personal system? It's on youtube

Best

Charles

Charles Updated System: Wilson McIntosh Audioquest

Amps: McIntosh: MC3500MKII (2); MC1.25KW (2); MC2.1KW An (1)
Preamp: C-12000 An
Sources: MCD12000 An; MVP881; MVP851; MR87; Marantz 510LV; ASUS laptop
Speakers: Wilson Chronosonic XVX
Sub-woofer: Wilson Thor’s Hammer; Wilson ActivXO Stereo Electronic Crossover
Cables main system: AQ: WEL Signature speaker cables; 24’ balanced IC; balanced 1-meter Dragon IC ; WEL Signature digital coaxial cable; digital coaxial cable; Diamond optical (2); Diamond USB; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords); Thunder HC power cord
Cables subwoofer system: AQ: Redwood speaker cable; Wolf balanced subwoofer IC; Wind balanced IC from preamp to ActivXO; Hurricane HC (3); Hurricane Source (1); Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: AQ Niagara 7000 (1); Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines.
Isolation: Wilson Pedestals; Bassocontinuo McIntosh Ultra Feet; X-material plinth
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD)
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes