View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Mike........Wait a minute. After all the MCD1100 bashing over its USB input not operating at 32bit/192kHz when it was released, and how this is ruining McIntosh's reputation, now I'm hearing the Classe' CP-800 is without even 24bit/192kHz capabilities and no actual delivery time for the firmware update even after two years. Oh my! Looks like Classe' may be on the skids, too. Where are all the Classe' dooms day saber rattlers? This is horrible.
That wasn't the issue. The first MCD1100 was a brick. The second wouldn't play SACD's (noise on right channel), the third MCD1100 USB didn't even work (nothing - regardless of bit rate), and the fourth was perfect and I sold it. The Classe is 24/96 (on USB only and 24/192 on all other inputs) and is fine for the $ I paid for it (new). The USB only being 24/96 (for now) is well advertised to potential buyers AND the 24/96 will downsample and play 24/196 files....so I'm cool with that. If I had to pack it up - three times - and it was misadvertised, then, oh you bet, I would be ticked. That being said, if I buy a new CD/SACD player (which I need since my Oppo is my only player now) - it would be Esoteric all the way.