View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 05:22 PM
Go Dawgs

Hanson - I'll give you my though process FWIW, ultimately the cost of the gear is your decision......when I decided to go the Dag route, I toyed with all his lines, even the "home theater" stereo amplifiers. I did an in house audition with the Progression lineup and examined the Momentum line at my dealer who I've known for years. Ultimately it came to this, I really wanted to be off the upgrade train. I was going to go with the Progression amplifier and preamp but the more I thought about it, I could see myself constantly perusing Audiogon and this site's marketplace, always wondering what I would be missing without taking the extra step to the Momentum. After quite a bit of thought (was also considering Audio Research separates), I basically said F it, it'll cost me more now but the peace of mind not combing the used sites was ultimately worth it for me so I went with the Momentum amp and pre (with the HD upgrade completed last year).

I really don't think it would be overkill with the Wilsons, those speakers thrive on ultra high quality electronics and would make them sing, and remember this, if you did decide on larger less efficient speakers in the future, you'll already have your amplification set!!!

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3