View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 07:15 AM

Default Acs-10

Ive owned an Aurender ACS-10 for 6 months now and I think its a great functioning and sounding machine. Its connected to a quality Chord DAVE DAC (UK). Power cable is Nordost Valhalla2.
I use it as a music server and the great thing about the player is doesnt need to be connected to the net to work (once you copy over files from a USB drive or NAS). The inbuilt quality CD Ripper is a bonus. If connected to the net it uses DiscCogs to automatically grab the tracks and artwork. The artwork is for the iPad app and doesnt waste energy showing it on the player screen.

The iPad wifi software is superb, and it even works thru an iPhone app (Aurender Lite) (phone setting to wifi). However the player can still work without the iPad if you have tracks loaded up.

Sound is so spacious, sophisticated and convincing. Better than I was expecting for sure as I'm also a quality CD player enthusiast. The output is via USB (common to Aurender) and its clearly been optimised to get the most out of this technology.
Every aspect of the musical range is so open and even, outstanding.

The top Aurender models must be someting special again, but even the ACS-10 makes the grade easily.

Anthony