View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 02:36 AM
Listener in Training

So Ivan was right - a change has occurred! A pair of Canton K5s now have taken the place of the LS50s, and they fill up the room very nicely with the expected bass extension, greater clarity and warmth. About a week later the Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 speaker cables arrived, and there is an improved 'life-like forwardness' or 'presence' that feels like the music is less in the background; hard to articulate it, but it's not a volume increase. While audio memory is tricky at best, the end result with the Cantons and new cables in place is very satisfying.

A big shoutout to Ivan and Legend Audio for a great deal. I had mentioned I was interested maybe in the K7s and he had the slightly larger K5s in stock. Not only are they gorgeous, I'm happy to have the extra bass, and the K5s are not so big as to be obtrusive (some wives may not agree, but mine digs the setup, bless her heart).
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable