View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Hi Charles, I’m not an expert on Wilson speakers, but I know if this were a turntable I’d still be looking for improvement. It may not ake a meaningful difference in the sound, but with a bubble level like this, I’ve always considered level to be when the bubble is centered on the cross hair when viewed from the top.
Antomb, my feeling is that with a turntable I would want it as level as possible, period. My floor is very slightly off level to the extent of the bubble more so for the left speaker than the right. Side to side is perfect. I think the techs could "work all day" and not achieve a better overall result. It is good that relative to each other the speakers are almost perfectly level. I'm leaving well enough alone. I thought that the forum would enjoy this issue.

Best

Charles

Also, if you notice these are not a perfect straight down shots. There is still some skew. I think a better straight down shot (SDS) would show the speakers even more level. It was difficult to take these shots with all the cables and hardware. I worried about dropping my phone or disturbing something. I could barely hold it right on the edge and hit the button without tremor. Clearly within the bubble is the very best that can be done without disconnecting cables to obtain a true SDS.

Last edited by Charles; 08-01-2021 at 04:20 PM.