View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannoyd View Post
Here is what I propose on Borresen Speakers. 1st we all learn how to spell the name correctly. Then we breakout the listeners between those who still hear over 10k and those who do not like me. I think the result may be- Over 10k folk=too bright. Under 10k folk= love the sound. Only box speaker I might choose over an electrostatic. Lars and Michael-Come to PNW Show
with a big boy model!! I've heard the little one twice. Stop teasing!!
Unfortunately, I KNOW (ears tested fairly regularly due to Meniere's) that I do not hear above 10K anymore, heck when a 10KHz tone plays I hear dead silence! And I thought that the Borresen's sounded too bright. I actually thought they were Raidho's when I walked in the room (they look the same) but when I heard them I started looking around to see if they were in fact Raidoh's, because the sonic signature didn't sound right. The signs posted said they were Borresen's and I left rather disappointed. Probably a bad "set-up" or typical show problems, but they didn't please my ears. I'm sure they are good under the right conditions as they have great drivers and cabinet technology - but my one encounter with them thus far wasn't great.