View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
I lucked out on buying the house we live in. The space for my system is large, highly irregular in shape, underground on front and side walls making it dead silent. This is probably the single greatest component in my system. Any thought of moving is immediately discarded because I would never be able to find a place as good. Also, the audio room is so isolated that my partner is not woken up regardless of the volume, she is a light sleeper and sleeps during the day. As they say, it is better to be lucky than good... I was really lucky!
One of the first things I ask people who want advice about purchasing new audio equipment is "Where are you going to put it?" If the stuff is going into a really bad room and will be used mainly for background music, I tell them to buy cheap and simple. The room is everything. A few years ago, I listened to the million dollar audio system, demo'd by a well known high-end dealer, at AXPONA in really lousy room. I was expecting to be transported, but it just sounded a little better than OK, not bad, but nowhere near what it should. You are probably getting the best out of your setup and thus you are indeed a lucky audio-nut!