View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 04:25 AM

I'm always on the lookout too. It's really all about the hunt and finding that elusive piece. I was at the grocery store, about a year and a half ago, and decided to go into this hole-in-the wall Liquor store next door. There was a bottle of Jefferson Presidential Select 18 year sitting on the top shelf. You never know what you are going to find unless you go in and look and it seems the good finds are always in the unlikeliest places.

This is the best time of year for Bourbon. I've had a couple of good finds this Fall. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon, Makers Mark Cask Strength, Parkers Heritage Wheated Whiskey, and Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Those will last me for a long time. But the two I would really like to find are the Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition and the Pappy Vanwinkle.
C2300 (Telefunkin Smooth plates); MC275 (Shuguang Treasure KT88 & Psvane signal); Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M; JL F112; Clearaudio Concept MC; Oppo BDP-93; Squeezebox Touch; Music Hall dac23.5 (Burson Op amps, Mundorf & Multicaps, Vampire RCA jacks, Amperex White label 6922); Wireworld Silver Electra PC's, IC's, & SC's; HiFi Tuning