Thread: RCM thoughts
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2022, 06:45 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
In case you are ready to forfeit the surface noise reduction function which is offered only on the Plus models then your best option would be to opt for the SC-1 Mini/Phono or SC-2 Mini/Phono, with the built-in phono preamp.

I have attached some shots of the SC-1 Mini/Phono manual showing various connections. Fig 5 - you can also use the Aux/Rec Out from the preamp or integrated amp to the line in of the SC-1 Mini and then the line out of the SC-1 Mini to the Aux/Rec In of the preamp or integrated amp, but I'm bot sure if your C2300 has this feature.
Thanks for the info. I heard from SweetVinyl and they sent me the same info you've posted. The C2300 has an input named "SRVR," and a corresponding output; the output is also labeled "REC" so I suspect it serves the function of a tape loop. I should confirm this with McIntosh to be sure. Getting the SC-1 or SC-1 Plus means extra interconnects, but I have some Kimber Hero and AQ King Cobra around, either of which is comparable to my Transparent Plus. I was considering upgrading the Plus to Super, but that would open a world of complications should I do it and the Super is noticeably better. Money is a bit tight, and I have other expenses looming.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks