Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 12:33 PM

This am I put the Wilson test CD on and played heavy 50, 40, 30, 25, and 20 Hz warble tones. Volume level was 50%! It was loud. The room shook. Wattage was about 60 watts continuous. Maximum port air was at 25 Hz and a little bit of chuffing noise was noted with ears beside the port. However, the amount of air flow that I could feel at the port entrance was insignificant and this was with my hand 2-3 inches away. So the rear of the amps which are 22" away could not be interfering with air flow IMO. This is not an issue. In addition, the amps remained totally inert. Zero vibration, absolutely zero. I could not discern any woofer distortion. The cones remained well behaved. I won't be doing this test again, I assure you. It was brutal but necessary in order to convince me I had no urgent problem in need of immediate correcting.

I noted again the elimination of the 40 Hz peak that previously had always been present in my system. Beginning with the 50 Hz warble there is now a noticeable increase in loudness/weight and it remains very smooth all the way down to 20 Hz. It is quite amazing how the proper phasing of my Hammer has improved my bass. Previously, I had never understood how to use my phase control to tailor my bass.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 06-01-2020 at 12:54 PM.