View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 03:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone, just wanted to give a quick update, in order to keep this going. I decided to call McIntosh today, to see if there were any updates on the MB100 software. While being transferred to support, the on-hold message went something like this: "McIntosh products are designed in terms of decades. You won't find any robots here."

And I know this statement is mostly true, but odd that I heard that brief snippet while waiting to discuss my 3 year old MB100, which is on the verge of becoming obsolete without intervention, and is currently a security concern on the network.

Anyways, I was transferred to Chuck. First, I told Chuck that the MMS-5A got the flash update a few months time ago, and was hoping McIntosh would update the MB100. Chuck told me the MB100 is not based on the Autonomic MMS-5A, which I found odd that he would say that. He said it's based of a 3 series unit which hasn't gotten the flash update either. I don't know what he's talking about, so I mention it here.

Chuck also said: "they're looking into it". I asked for an eta, and he said there isn't one.

I may have mentioned this before, here or elsewhere, but this doesn't sit well with me. My expectations are just higher. Maybe the writing is on the wall for my decades of loyalty to McIntosh, and I just need to deal with it and move on to a company/brand that aligns more with my expectations. It's fine, it's just an expensive hobby at the end of the day, and I need to let it go.

Cheers everyone