View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prk504 View Post
I am looking to upgrade from the anthem AVM 60. Movies sound great, but music sounds lackluster. I am considering either a McIntosh MX 100 (home theater processor) or a McIntosh C 2700, which would only upgrade two channel music through a pass through.

I’ve been told by local dealers the anthem units are geared for movies over music. The Marantz 8805 shares the same Dac as the MX 100. The c2700 is a tube preamp 2 ch.

Currently using 802d3 towers with rotel 1585 bi amping each (2x200w to each tower).

Do you all have any opinions on either one of these components? Is the better upgrade, if it’s one, to change the home theater processor or add a dedicated 2 channel music processor?

The mcintosh MX100 home theater processor upgrade would be an every day change, but the mcintosh C2700 2-channel pre would be a big change enjoyed maybe 1-2x month.

Thanks
I'm listening to my 802D3s driven by a pair of Bryston 7B3 monoblocks and a Bryston BP26 preamp, and I am very happy with the sound. And so are my audio-nut pals who have heard the B&W Bryston combo. It is a straight up music rig, no video.