View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prk504 View Post
I am looking to upgrade from the anthem AVM 60. Movies sound great, but music sounds lackluster. I am considering either a McIntosh MX 100 (home theater processor) or a McIntosh C 2700, which would only upgrade two channel music through a pass through.

I’ve been told by local dealers the anthem units are geared for movies over music. The Marantz 8805 shares the same Dac as the MX 100. The c2700 is a tube preamp 2 ch.

Currently using 802d3 towers with rotel 1585 bi amping each (2x200w to each tower).

Do you all have any opinions on either one of these components? Is the better upgrade, if it’s one, to change the home theater processor or add a dedicated 2 channel music processor?

The home theater processor upgrade would be an every day change, but the 2 channel pre would be a big change enjoyed maybe 1-2x month.
Thanks
I had the AVM 30, old by current standards and it was ok with movies, but music was not good. Moving to Bryston SP3 was a very big upgrade across the board. SP3 is awesome for movies. SP3 is maybe getting dated with their DACs so I’ve ordered a Bryston BDA-3 for music. This DAC is awesome.

Luxman is another great option.