View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretdago
I have heard the Shunyata power cords and associated speaker and interconnect cable with my amplifiers at a store and I thought they were very good. I cannot directly compare the two as the systems excluding amplifiers were completely different. I have had power cords from several of the top tier companies; I think listing them in direct comparison would be in poor taste as they all were respectively good in their own way. I want to point out that cable synergy is very important. If you are using all Shunyata interconnect and speaker cable then I believe you should use their power cords. Companies typically only voice their products together and not with another companies products. For the record I have listened to systems from MIT. Kimber, Cardas, Nordost, Straitwire, and ZenSati. The synergy when used together is very clear, and believe it or not they are all very very different in their presentation. It would be kind of cool for a reviewer perhaps to round up systems from let’s say 10 different cable manufacturers, in a controlled system with controlled software, play each system for a week and make a chart of maybe 10 different criterion stating the strengths and weaknesses from each particular company. I think then as a consumer we could ascertain from the chart what the flavor of each system is and whether it would integrate well with our own?
Thanks for the input. I concur with your assessment, and appreciate your input.