View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 04:07 PM
Semi-audiophile

The Supers are here and have about 3.5 hours on them, spread between CD and BD (more BD). Overall, there is more weight and impact to the sound, and more realism in some instruments, such as acoustic guitar. The impact of the lower frequencies made me turn down the volume a couple of steps when watching the Berlin Philharmonic in a BD concert on my BD player. The basses in the orchestra were more fleshed out, it seemed.

On CD, Fanfare for the Common Man had a bit more "there" there in its low frequencies. A tad more refined than before. And the guitar intro on "A Horse with No Name" sounded more realistic, as did eliane Elias' piano on her Cross Currents CD. I'll need to play more stuff to get a fuller feel, but pretty good so far.

Despite current finances, I'm actually thinking of how to swing another pair for my tuner, despite the fact it doesn't get the same amount of attention as my Blu-ray or CD players.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 07-02-2022 at 02:04 PM.